Anna is experienced in a broad range of corporate and private equity work, including share and asset acquisitions and disposals, group re-organisations and restructures, MBO and MBIs and general company commercial advice. She advises a range of clients including large and medium corporates, entrepreneurs, private equity houses and financial institutions.
Anna has worked both in private practice and in-house. Before she joined gunnercooke she worked for Enterprise plc, a £1.2 billion turnover company with over 12,000 employees, advising on the group’s acquisitions and disposals and also banking/finance related transactions.
A previous winner of Young Lawyer of the Year at the North West Insider Young Professionals Awards in 2006 and she also won Insider Lancashire Deal of the Year in 2010.
- In-house M & A legal advisor at Enterprise plc
- Pannone LLP
- Brabners Chaffe Street LLP
Recent transactions at gunnercooke include:
- Acted for the buyer of Klarius (in administration)
- Acted for Liverpool Community College on its acquisition of First4Skills (in administration)
- Acted for Enterprise plc of the acquisition of Byzak
- Acted for Maven Capital Partners on the MBO of Vodat International
- Acted for an international plc on its sale of part of its business
- Acted for YFM on the MBO of IFA Holdings
- Acted for Smith Kendon on its sale to Tangerine Confectionery
- Acted for Enterprise plc on the acquisition of Severn Trent’s meter installation business
- Acted for the Buyer on an acquisition of a publishing business from a plc
Testimonials from Clients:
“Her enthusiasm is spot on…..rolls up her sleeves and is right at the heart of the acquisition team ….by adopting the approach she has her finger is always on the pulse of the deal at all times…..support/guidance is provided reactively and proactively as the situation dictates. She is great at networking across all those involved, and is a great front person for Enterprise to the external professional parties”
Philip Hall – Acquisition/Strategy Director – Enterprise plc
“I first came across Anna when she was in private practice and she impressed me with the quality of her work, her professionalism, diligence and enthusiasm. She consistently, “goes the extra mile”, to make sure that projects are completed on time. Her commitment to her work and her understanding of our business needs has impressed all those she has worked with. I am sure that she will be a success at gunnercooke.”
Lee Greenbury – Head of Legal – Muller Dairy
“Anna has worked with my company extensively over the past seven years on a variety of projects. Many solicitors claim to understand the commercial aspects of business; Anna truly does demonstrate a thorough understanding of my businesses. Time delays are common with most solicitors; Anna is driven and does not tolerate inefficiencies. She is also very personable easy to deal with and is never condescending.”
Alister Cooke – Managing Director – Brancaster Care Homes Limited